• Polecamy: Komputery

#1 2013-07-24 12:07:38

Jake

To forum już coś dla niego znaczy !

Punktów :   

Assault Vests

Witojcie tu wasza ulubiona Baba ze Wsi

Poruszam temat Assault Vests
Dorzucam link macierzysty ze strony sklepu AT THE FRONT żeby nikt mnie nie posądził o plagiat mam jeszcze prośbę do naszego zacnego porucznika żeby rozwinął jakoś temat odnośnie noszenia Assault Vesta przez żołnierzy Private First Class. Wiem że posiada ciekawą i interesująca wiedzę na ten temat, której ja nie mogłem nigdzie znaleźć Więc do dzieła

foto : https://www.atthefront.com/images_original/us/us_nara_av_small.jpg

U.S. WWII Assault Vest

Combat vest issued to assault troops for the Normandy landings. In May 1944, these were issued in limited numbers to troops of the 1st, 4th, and 29th Infantry Divisions as well as the 2nd Ranger Battalion. They proved hot, heavy and impractical and it appears that most had been discarded ("lost") within a month of the landings. I believe that the latest known original photo shows an infantryman wearing one in early July during the breakout battles. They were not a popular item with the troops.

These vests were made in both OD#3 (the famous "khaki") and OD#7 (the much maligned and disgraceful"olive drab") canvas. This situation has caused serious migraines amongst the color match nazis. The few original photos of the vests in use show what appears to be a nearly even mix of the two colors. They were made in the spring of 1944, after the factories were transitioning to the darker color so this is hardly surprising. Historically, there is no meaning to one color or the other. If some moron tries to tell you that green ones were "ranger only kamo" and khaki was made for the 4th ID because it was the General's favorite color, he's a crackhead. This is a meaningless production variation. Additionally, it appears that their issue was erratic. In the photos of troops loading onto their boats for D-day, perhaps one in five men are wearing vests.  Thus, pick the color you think prettiest. They're both "right."

Our OD#7 (green) vests will be "transitional" meaning they will be made from green canvas, but the binding tape on the edges and some of the straps will be khaki. Originals came in every combination imaginable so far as canvas and strap color relationships are concerned. Do not get squirrely and start squealing at us to make you a special one with all matching green tape, or half khaki straps and half camo or any other nonsense. This is it.

#2 2013-07-24 13:57:22

Whisky

Administrator

Punktów :   -82 

Re: Assault Vests

Krótko zwięźle i na temat : Obojętne to czy Pvt. czy PFC nosił AV. Chodzi o to, że nie którzy z nich otrzymali na swoje wyposażenie assault jakcet. Przyczyny mogły być różne, np. Oficer stwierdził, że to cholerstwo będzie nie wygodne i oddał komuś niższemu rangą. Oczywiście takich postaci w AV było nie wiele. Dla przykładu - na 7 osób jak jest u nas w tej chwili, maksymalnie 2 osoby w AV. Podczas desantu na plaży w Helu Ci co mają AV mogą się w niego przebrać i w nim się desantować, ponieważ na 60 osób, jeśli 10 będzie w kurtkach szturmowych to nie będzie biło w oczy. Gorzej gdyby na 60 osób 45 miało AV .

"God damn it then, Rangers... Lead the Way !!!"

Gen. Norman Cota 29th ID, 6 June 1944, Omaha

#3 2013-07-24 13:58:41

Whisky

Administrator

Punktów :   -82 

zresztą na tym foto aż 5 gości ma na sobie av w jednej barce

"God damn it then, Rangers... Lead the Way !!!"

Gen. Norman Cota 29th ID, 6 June 1944, Omaha

#4 2013-07-24 22:30:12

Jake

To forum już coś dla niego znaczy !

Punktów :   

Dziękuję Panie Poruczniku z przyczyn pakowności plecaka desantuje się w AV muszę go zmechacić i sponiewierać żeby wyglądał na koszerny i chciałbym to zaklepać już teraz

Stopka forum

RSS